There are several important but relatively simple steps to configuring the system. Firstly, you need a spreadsheet to manage the URL redirections.
- Create a Google Spreadsheet
You can open this example spreadsheet and make a copy (File > Make a Copy)
You may already have a spreadsheet ready, or simply import data into this document from Google Webmaster Tools.
The document layout is very simple, put the old (bad) URL in column 1, and the new (good) URL (where you want the page to redirect to) in column 2 (see below example). This will create a 301 redirect.
- Once you have added your redirects, you need to connect the Google Spreadsheet to Magento.
- In your Google Doc, click 'File > Publish to the web...'
- Click 'Start Publishing' - if you do not see this, or you see 'Stop Publishing', this means your document is already published.
- Under 'Get a link to the published data' select 'CSV' in the first pull-down menu, then simply copy the link provided in the box.
- In your Magento Admin, click 'System > Configuration'
- Select your main store view (see image right)
- You will then see 'SEO Redirect' option appear under the CATALOG options on the left.
- Select SEO Redirect Settings > Click Enabled=Yes
- Paste the Google URL in which you copied in step 3 (see image below).
- Although this extension will load your URLs automatically every day, you can test this or run it manually by visiting 'Catalog > SEO Redirects > Manage Redirections' .
If you have purchased a license to allow more than 50 URLs to be supported, you will need to enter this license key for each domain.
1) Use your Store Scope to select the Website level for your other website.
2) A Text area called 'Serial' will appear, Paste your Serial Key into the text area.
3) Click 'Save Config'.
(see image below)
If you have any issues at this point, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will assist with any issues, or simply refer to our trouble-shooting
Please note: If you are using Google Drive / Apps accounts, This extension does not automatically work. This is because the authentication mechanism is completely different for Google Apps.